Monday, September 8, 2014

32 Days…And a Dallen Pick Me Up!

Can you believe in 32 days I will be Shaylee …Dalton?!? Holy cow that is SO crazy! I will be a married person…yikes! The idea is crazy scary and awesome at the same time! I think the closer it gets the more emotional and worried I get but from what I hear thats pretty normal, which is comforting to me. Its always nice to know you are not alone! But in the area of "worried and emotional" you can find just about every woman that ever lived so I have a lot of opportunities for comfort and understanding! 

I tend to share a lot of these feelings with Dallen…maybe too much at times. I think I make him worry but I'm glad that we do have the kind of relationship where we feel comfortable enough to share everything! 
This last week was one of the more emotional weeks Ive had yet. I was feeling depressed and grumpy and having to be away from Dallen just isn't any fun.  Yes, I am one of those girls. I promised myself I would never be one of... "those girls." You know the ones who can't be apart from their significant other for very long or life isn't worth living…ok so maybe that's a little extreme and I don't consider myself that bad…but you get the idea. 
Anyway…I went to see Dallen this weekend with this attitude of "poor me," my life is so hard. Blah blah blah…and truly that's what it is…blah blah! I mean if I think about it… life isn't bad right now…Life is good! I get to marry my best friend in 32 days and we will get to be together FOREVER! 

Dallen has an easier time remembering this and has to remind me often that there are more good great things to come of all this than bad and everything will be fine! He's the optimist! 

By the time the weekend was through I was kind of surprised to find that my attitude had changed from "this is hard and scary" to "I can't wait till 32 days are up and I can be with Dallen all the time!" And I owe this to him, sometimes I wonder how he does it! How he can make me feel better about life and make me just plain happy! Sometimes I'm afraid that one day Dallen is going to realize what a nut case I am and run away! 
But until then… (which hopefully never comes) I will be forever grateful for him and his positive outlook, for comforting me, being understanding and always making me laugh!!! 

Mmm.. he *is good lookin isn't he!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Aww!! Shaylee, that is so cute!! You'd better keep writing this after you're married! The journey is just beginning. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca! I will do my best! I was thinking about all this yesterday...it made me excited...the idea of blogging about married life! As far as I know though you are the only person who reads this so its like my journal to you ha ha!

      Delete
    2. Um, excuse me? I most definitely read it, too! And I will keep reading it so long as you write. I know facebook and instagram are all the craze but I still prefer blogs. :)

      I'm so excited for you. I loved reading how it is not as easy as you thought to be apart. That is a good sign. :)

      Delete
    3. Ha ha ok Sister Jackman too!!! Woot woot! Im glad you guys enjoy it!

      Delete