So the other day I was thinking about my hair...more specifically the color of my hair, I'm not really sure why but anyway I was thinking about all the conversations and weird little things that have happened to me because, I am a redhead! Can I just tell you that I have had a LOT of conversations and experiences that happen because of my hair color.
So I got to thinking, "what if I didn't have red hair?" I'm not entirely sure but it got me to thinking about all the experiences I've had so I've decided to share once a week (maybe more...) a little memory, conversation, fact, story or weird questions asked, that I remember happened because I'm a redhead and then my thoughts on it.
So here goes... #1 WHERE DID YOU GET THAT RED HAIR?
When thinking back the first thing I remember is being asked over and over and OVER again as a kid is, "where did you get that red hair?" Now this might not be as common with every red head but in my family I am the only one with red hair so I got asked all the time to which I usually responded that "I didn't know" or "umm I don't know God gave it to me"... They would then tell me that it was probably from eating too many strawberries or red licorice or any other food that is red. So does that mean you got your brown, black and blonde hair from eating foods that color? Id say I definitely got the better end of the deal, the only black food that I can think of that tastes good is an olive.
My name is Shaylee, I'm a redhead and my hair food tastes better then yours. ;)
My name is Shaylee, I'm a redhead and my hair food tastes better then yours. ;)

I have a hunch that girl's hair in the photo is not quite as natural as your red hair! :)
ReplyDeleteI was asked the adopted question a lot. Oh, and little kids like to correct me. They like to clarify that my hair really isn't red--it's orange! Ha. :)
Sure is nice that red hair is in style. When I was kid it wasn't so fashionable.
Ha ha yeah i noticed the same thing but it was the best picture I could find of a girl with red hair eating a strawberry lol!
DeleteI got both of those too! I can't wait to share more! Im trying to limit myself so people won't get sick of it ha ha!
Oh, and Sister Jackman, if you have some stories that you'd like to share (as a fellow redhead) Id love to share them on my blog!
Delete