Saturday, January 24, 2015

Half- way to 50...

This whole week I honestly kept forgetting that my birthday was this weekend but Dallen pretty much kept reminding me everyday; "Hey guess what, guess what? You're gonna be half-way to 50 in 3 days, 2 days etc." He also kept telling me that ...."You're a quarter way dead." He really knows how to make a girl feel special ha ha! 

We started the day off by going to a Marriage Symposium that the church put on. And although we had to get up early (for us anyway) I thought it was really good. They fed us breakfast and lunch so that helped motivate us to get our butts out of bed. I was reminded of some things that I need to work on. 

After the symposium we came home and decided to take a nap which didn't turn out so well for me since our neighbors living room and I swear their TV is right above our bed, I kept hearing bombs or rockets going off. Dallen was out. I decided to move into the living room where its a lot more quiet but alas I could not fall asleep which made me really angry because I was super tired. So I just laid there for about an hour until Dallen woke up and came looking for me ha ha! He decided to give me my birthday present then. So he made me close my eyes while I listened as he set it out. A girl knows her chocolates and I heard peanut M&Ms but Dallen wouldn't let me look until he was done. After he set it out he decided he had to go to the bathroom before I could look. I was like serious? But he was fast and I restrained from peaking! He did indeed get M&MS and some other favorite chocolates of mine and candles! They smell so good!!! (We've kinda turned into candle people :)) Then he took me to walk through some of the cute little shops on main street. They had some pretty cool stuff. Then he took me to Dairy Queen to get my favorite shake! We then came home and started a movie until it was time for dinner. Danny and Sue bought everyone dinner and we all hung out at Carson and Lindsay's, ate, played with babies and played games! It was a good day! 

Its funny because when I was 17-19 years old I think I was pretty sure by the time I was 25  (which was sooo old) I would be married, have at least 2 kids and a house. At least I accomplished one of those goals! Here I am, 25, married for 3.5 months, house-less and childless. But I am happy and I love my life with Dallen! 




1 comment:

  1. Aw!! Happy Birthday!! I am so sorry that I am a space case and spaced it, but I'm so glad you had fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete