Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Runnings The New Thing!

Yes, I know I've seriously neglected my blog and I would be lying  if I said I will do better cuz I probably won't. :) Life is busy... or at least it seems that way to me or maybe I just don't have much to blog about. Whatever the reason...I'm here to give you a quick update! 

Life is great! My "newish" calling keeps me on my toes and more involved in the Branch, which has been a good thing for me!!! You make more friends when you actually attend things ;) 

 My friend Sarah Lindquist and I are preparing to run the "Thelma and Louise" half marathon June 1st! Its an all girl race! (Sa-weet!) We have been training since Dec 1st and we have been pretty consistent! Feb. was a "down" month for us but we are back and trying to improve our distance! I have mixed feelings about running 13.1 miles... especially in JUNE but Sarah is really optimistic and hopeful about the whole thing and about us being able to run the whole race...we will see. Ha ha. I'm not convinced yet and we are both pretty sure after this one we will never want to run another one....we decided we are more of a 10k and under kind of runners! She is great running buddy!  

Well that's just about all I'm up to that's worth mentioning. :) If you have any advice for training and/or running a half marathon...we'd love to hear it!

5 comments:

  1. I know you said it was a half, but my friend just posted this blog the other day about running a marathon. Check it out!!

    http://empiricalday.blogspot.com/2013/03/tips-for-running-marathon.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leslie! How are you doing anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! It is so great to find a good running buddy. It is probably way more motivating for each of you. You can do it!

    So what is your new calling??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its so much easier! We have to run apart this week...we'll see if I can do it ha ha!
      My "new" calling is RS President but I've actually had it for idk 4 months.

      Delete
  4. When are you going to update your blog Shay? Gosh, I don't have anything to do if you and Ica don't blog ;) Go take some awesome pictures and post them, because I think you're a great pho-taw-graphist, hehe (love my made up word?).

    ReplyDelete